Saturday, September 24, 2016

What is flexibility really ? How am i balancing life right now ?



 Hello Dana here ,


Some of you may follow me on social media and already know that I recently made a switch of majors from retail management to culinary school and so far, I have been enjoying every bit of it.  Life for the past few weeks since starting up has basically been a go go go type of thing and to be honest I love the feeling of it. Anyways, you might be reading and wondering how does this correlate to fitness and nutrition? I’m sure some may be wondering how does she manage to be in an industry that is basically based on food yet still be into nutrition and achieve her goals? Honestly, a year or so ago I probably would have struggled. In a sense that I either would have worried about how I’m going to be around so much food because you know I have to track to the X or that a person will no be able to achieve goals being in this industry. 



Fortunately for me the past year or so has taught me the real meaning of flexibility. Everything from enjoying meals at restaurants that do not contain any nutrition facts to me actually being flexible which is helping me greatly right now. I still track my calorie intake even though I sometimes have to taste the food I made during class, how do I do that? If I feel that what I am tasting would probably have a good number of calories I would probably log it according to what I think it is and if its something significant I wouldn’t bother. Another thing to mention is that my activity levels have sky rocketed which also plays a big role with how much I am able to eat during the week and its safe to say that regardless of how tired I may be during the day from waking up early and being on my feet for half the day I am still putting in the work at the gym.

Everything I have said above could apply to just about anyone really even the basic average person at the gym. Part of actually being a flexible dieter is understanding that yes you can achieve your goals no matter what if you learn how to balance different aspects of your life, don’t revolve your whole life around fitness thinking you will not get those goals you want if you aren’t tracking everyday to the T because really what is flexibility if you don’t?

No comments:

Post a Comment